Yes sir you heard it right. The European hotel owners are so excited to dip into this new opportunity to make extra billion dollars while getting finger from the organized Jewry. Ironically, the first-ever Halal Tourism Conference is being held in Spain, one of European allies of the Zionist entity, in September 2014.
The recent statistics reported by the Mediterranean Union of Hotel owners, more and more regional nations have shown their interest in the Halal tourism. According to the Crescent Rating Halal tourism industry was worth $140 billion last year.
The hotels which want to attract these ‘Halal tourists’ have to stop serving alcohol and pork to its customers or preferably get rid of bars and have separate swimming pools and spa facilities for men and women – and serve Halal (kosher) meat dishes. Iran, Malaysia, Turkey and Lebanon already have hotels which provides these facilities to observing Muslim tourists.
Considering the huge business many hotel owners are planning to offer such Halal facilities for Muslim tourists especially from India, Saudi Arabia and UAE.
The Halal tourism industry, estimated to be around 13% of world’s total tourism, also provides flights where no alcohol or pork products are served, prayer timings are announced, and religious programs are broadcast as part of entertainment offered on board. The Halal tourism revenue is expected to cross $192 billion by 2020s.
It’s said that while the Saudi tourist prefer French resorts, the tourists from UAE prefer Turkey. According to Turkish hotel owners association, 60% of tourists who visit Turkey, prefer to stay in hotels with Halal accommodation while the remaining 40% are non-Halal tourists, mostly from western nations.
“Turkey has emerged as a top European destination which Muslims from the Middle East and Far East would like to visit as their next holiday which could be worth billions to the economy,” Muslim Traveler Index Europe 2014 said. The research added that Turkey came fifth on the list of countries that appeal to Muslim tourists as a future place to visit globally.
“We already know that Turkey is already very popular with the Middle East and Malaysian countries, but as the research shows, there are a lot more who would like to come. With the history of Turkey and its strong Islamic heritage and attractions, this is a huge market for the country,” the research note read. “This research represents great opportunity for tourism boards, tour operators, travel agencies, hotels, restaurants and the entire tourism sector in Turkey.”
Global trends indicate that “Halal tourism” is on the rise even in predominantly non-Muslim countries that are trying to attract more Muslim tourists. Japan is altering its tourism infrastructure in order to offer Islamic-friendly options as the number of visitors from the predominantly Muslim country of Malaysia increases. Meanwhile, France is also offering “fully halal” vacation packages to accommodate the country’s Muslim citizens.