Israel: Let’s replay the ‘S-300 hoax’ against Iran

S-300

As result of the delay in American military attack on Syria, the Jewish-controlled MSM decided to replay one of the several “existential” threats to the Zionist regime – the Russian sale of S300-based air defense system to Iran.

On September 11, Jewish daily Haaretz and Jerusalem Post, reported that Moscow has “agreed to supply Iran with advanced S-300 advanced anti-aircraft missiles and build an additional nuclear reactor at Bushehr nuclear site“. The paper stated that Russian president Vladimir Putin is expected to offer this so-called “antisemitic” proposal to Iranian president Hassan Rouhani during their meeting tomorrow (Friday in Tehran).

The Russian Television (RT) reported Putin’s secretary Dmitry Peskov saying on Wednesday that Russian president “has not given order to complete a deal to transfer the S-300 surface-to-air defense system to Iran”. He refuted the earlier rumors that the deal has gone through.

Earlier, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said that the supply of Russian arms to Iran can only be discussed within the framework of international law, and only if Iran backtracks on its claims to deliver such system based on the 2007 agreement worth $800 million. He further reiterated that Russia is willing to work with Tehran “as part of the normal military technical cooperation…but it is imperative that this cooperation is not weighed down with all sorts of claims,” Rogozin said.

Last year, the Zionist regime had succeeded in cancelling the Russian sale of S-300 to Syria.

In 2007, Russia and Iran signed an $800 million agreement on a S300-based air defense system. The agreement was frozen by Russia after that on June 9, 2010, the UN Security Council passed a resolution on Iranian sanctions imposing a ban on supplying Iran with tanks, military ships, combat aircraft, as well as large caliber artillery, missiles and missile systems, despite early Russian claims that the sanctions were related only to future agreements and that old ones would be respected. But, naturally, Moscow couldn’t stand much longer to the US-Israel prsuure.

On August 29, 2013, RT quoted Vladislav Menshikov, CEO of air-defense systems manufacturer Almaz-Antei, saying: “The equipment, which was intended for Iran, is no more. We’ve dismantled it completely. The individual elements, which could’ve been used, were partially used. Partially, the utilization was performed.”

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s